Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Plans of a Planner - A Change of Course

As you might imagine, plans are everything to a planner.  Heck, as a wedding planner, the word plan is even part of my title.  Just as important as a good plan, though, is the ability to roll with the punches when the plan changes.  And friends, my plans have changed.

Rather than the country club wedding we were planning, we've decided to elope!  Some might question my use of an exclamation point at the end of that sentence, but it's one of the most perfectly placed exclamations I have ever used (and for those of you who know me, you know that I'm a prolific user of the e.p.).  See, I'm very excited for us and for our new plan.  In actuality, eloping was our first plan of action, even before we were engaged, so we've come full circle back to what we really wanted to do.

What's the plan?  Glad you asked.  In the early spring we're traveling up to beautiful San Francisco and getting married in that city's iconic City Hall.  Our amazing photographer has agreed to go with us, and of course the day wouldn't be complete without our parents and my future brothers-in-law.  A month or so later, we'll travel to...wait for it...Paris for more photos and our honeymoon!  I am SO excited. 

San Francisco City Hall


The Eifel Tower, Paris, France

Lesson for other brides:  follow your heart, do what feels right to you.  Do I regret my country club plans?  No way, definitely not.  It would have been a beautiful way to celebrate our marriage.  We've just decided to stay true to ourselves and do what feels most like us.

photos (1), (2), (3)

No comments:

Post a Comment