Thursday, June 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Favorite Auntie!!




Confession: I am horrible at remembering birthdays. Days, weeks, even months may pass before I think, "hey, it was *insert name here* birthday months ago. Ugh. I hate that feeling of forgetting. I really need to hire an assistant and her first job would be to keep me on track for birthdays and other special dates! It's not that I don't want to celebrate - I do!!! - it's simply that time gets away from me.



So here it is, my favorite aunt's birthday, and of course no card has been sent and no gift procured. However, I did at least remember on the correct date that today is the day!


So to my Aunt Donna - Happy HAPPY Birthday! You've been my biggest fan and most fervent supporter all of my life. We've survived both the good and the sad together. We laugh hard when we're together, and cry equally hard when we part. If we lived closer, I'd probably be at your house every day, drinking a Dr. Pepper and solving the problems of the world together! Most of my favorite childhood memories include you, from nail-painting parties to cooking up a storm while the world around us was hushed under a blanket of ice. When our worlds were devastated by the passing of loved ones way too soon, we clung to each other and somehow survived.

Thank you for always being there, and Happy, HAPPY Birthday to you!!!! I love you with all my heart.


xo


d.

No comments:

Post a Comment